You will need:
½ cup turkey tail mushrooms
8 tea bags (black, green, or Lipton)
1 gallon water
1 cup sugar (for sweet tea)
- Add the mushrooms to the water and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add tea bags. Let steep to desired strength (longer is stronger!).
- Add sugar to the pitcher.
- Leave the mushrooms in for a neat appearance, or strain them out for a more traditional looking tea.
- Remove tea bags from the pot, and pour the contents into the pitcher.
- If sugar has not completely dissolved stir until it can no longer be seen.
Serve hot for a comforting pick-me-up or chilled for a refreshing treat!
Tea always tastes better in a cute pitcher!